A New Season Starts - Welcome back.
A new begining as we move up to Intermediates and the waterfall league... there a few rule changes.. follow the link for a summary https://www.englandrugby.com/dxdam/ed/ed8ff2e0-853c-4c8f-b8b8-2a686e2d6f11/format-and-regulations-player-progression.pdf
A few key things to note:
1) No more festivals, we will playing on a single fixture basis. That does mean we will select a squad for each fixture. Games will start at a fixed time and once the game is over, after a brief get together with the opposition, the day is over.
So please ensure your child is on time and ready to warm up. Times will be advised
2) For the Sussex Waterfall League we will operate a 16 man squad. Selections will be a week in advance... so please ensure your child's availability is updated on Pitchero. If your child is not marked as available they will not be considered for the squad.
The Sussex League Fixtures take place:
Sunday 22nd Sept AWAY to Chichester
Sunday 10th Nov HOME to Haywards Heath
Sunday 17th Nov HOME to Worthing
3) Outside the Sussex League will have a mixture of training ( Sundays @ 10am ) and non league fixtures with other teams. As in previous years we will ensure everyone gets an opportunity to play.
4) We will operate mid week training during the month of September, to enhance fitness levels each game is now 20 mins each way. Thursdays @ 7pm has proved popular, but I will survey the parents this Sunday.
5) Kit, the club has moved to a new supplier, new shirts not compulsory this year, but if you have not ordered a shirt yet. Please let me know and I will add you to the next order.
Shorts, socks, hoodies, etc are all available via the online shop. https://www.oneills.com/uk_en/shop-by-team/rugby/rugby-union/east-grinstead-rfc.html There is a sale on this weekend.
6) Now we have moved up to Intermediates... subs have changed, so please ensure you follow the link below and update your subscription, if you already pay monthly then you will need to contact your bank to cancel any existing Direct Debits. https://www.egrfc.com/payments/intermediate-and-colt-membership-35054.html
Let the fun begin .... see you all on Sunday